What is Venous Ablation?
Ablation is the most effective treatment for varicose veins and venous disease in the legs. Ablation closes the damaged, non-functioning veins in your legs using a small IV inserted without incisions or scars. Closing damaged veins improves circulation as blood is rerouted to other, functioning veins.
The procedure is short and usually takes less than 20 minutes. Numbing medication is administered which makes treatment relatively painless.
Regular activity can resume immediately following the procedure.
Types of Ablation
Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT)
In the past, treatments for varicose veins
were invasive, often painful, and required significant recovery time. However, EVLT has revolutionized the field with its efficacy, minimal discomfort, and rapid recovery period. Let’s delve deeper into this innovative procedure.
What is Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT)?
EVLT is a minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins that utilizes laser energy to close off problematic veins, rerouting blood flow to healthier ones. The procedure involves inserting a thin laser fiber into the affected vein under ultrasound guidance, which then delivers precise laser energy causing the vein to close and eventually be absorbed by the body.
The Latest Advances in EVLT
The exciting world of medical technology never stands still, and EVLT is no exception. The latest generation of EVLT devices offers even greater precision, efficiency, and patient comfort.
- Enhanced Precision: With advancements in ultrasound technology, we can now locate and treat varicose veins with an unprecedented level of accuracy. This improvement ensures the laser energy is directed exactly where it needs to be, minimizing any potential surrounding tissue damage.
- Improved Efficiency: The introduction of advanced laser fibers has dramatically increased the effectiveness of EVLT. These fibers deliver laser energy more evenly, improving the success rate of vein closure and reducing the chances of recurrence.
- Increased Comfort: Innovations in laser technology have led to a decrease in post-procedural discomfort. The use of continuous laser energy instead of pulses has been shown to reduce bruising and discomfort after the procedure, making the recovery process smoother and quicker.
- Reduced Procedure Time: Owing to the latest laser devices’ efficiency, the EVLT procedure now takes less time than ever before. Most treatments can be completed within an hour, allowing patients to get back to their normal lives swiftly.
Why Choose EVLT?
EVLT is not just about advanced technology; it’s about transforming lives. By addressing the root cause of varicose veins, EVLT can alleviate symptoms such as pain, swelling, heaviness, and discomfort in the legs, improving your quality of life significantly.
What’s more, with a success rate of over 90%, minimal downtime, and virtually no scarring, it’s clear why EVLT is quickly becoming the treatment of choice for both physicians and patients.
Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation (VNUS Closure)
Gone are the days of invasive surgeries and lengthy recovery times. The VNUS Closure procedure offers a minimally invasive and highly effective solution to varicose veins. Let’s explore this game-changing treatment further.
What is Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation (VNUS Closure)
VNUS Closure is a revolutionary treatment for varicose veins that employs radiofrequency energy to heat and close off the affected veins. The procedure involves inserting a small catheter into the vein under ultrasound guidance, followed by the application of radiofrequency energy, causing the vein to contract and eventually be absorbed by the body.
The Latest Advances in VNUS Closure
The field of varicose vein treatment is continuously evolving, and VNUS Closure is at the forefront of these advancements. Let’s take a look at the latest improvements in this technology.
- Advanced Catheter Design: The latest VNUS Closure devices feature sophisticated catheter designs that ensure efficient and uniform distribution of radiofrequency energy. This enhancement leads to a higher success rate and lowers the risk of vein recurrence.
- Superior Precision: With the integration of high-resolution ultrasound technology, we can now deliver the treatment with utmost precision, minimizing potential harm to surrounding tissues.
- Enhanced Patient Comfort: Technological improvements have significantly reduced post-procedure discomfort. The precise application of radiofrequency energy minimizes bruising and swelling, leading to a smoother and quicker recovery process.
- Reduced Treatment Time: Due to the improved efficiency of the latest VNUS Closure devices, treatments are now quicker than ever. Most procedures can be completed within an hour, facilitating a faster return to normal activities.
Why Opt for VNUS Closure?
VNUS Closure is more than an innovative technology; it’s a life-changing solution for those struggling with varicose veins. By addressing the root cause, this treatment can alleviate symptoms like leg pain, swelling, and fatigue, significantly improving your overall quality of life.
Moreover, with its high success rate, minimal downtime, and virtually no scarring, VNUS Closure is becoming the go-to treatment for both physicians and patients alike.
Our vein specialists perform endovenous radiofrequency in-office and under local anesthesia. Patients can usually walk and resume normal activity immediately after treatment (commonly with compression stockings in place).